Estate planning focuses on wealth preservation transfer that reflects your wishes.
Without sufficient planning many people die without having made a will, or die leaving a will that is out of date and which does not accurately reflect their current situation.
Estate planning is more that just a will:
- Ensure the ownership and control of your assets passes to your intended beneficiaries in the right proportions
- Minimise the tax impact on your estate and beneficiaries
- Ensure your estate is administered in a cost efficient and timely manner
- Protect assets if a beneficiary is involved in any legal difficulties (for example, bankruptcy or divorce) or under a legal disability.
- Powers of Attorney
- Medical directives
- Business succession planning
- Estate equalisation